But to be honest it feels like a crime to take him for a walk but again its criminal not to take him out.
1) Walk them early and late in the day, missing 12p - 3p when the sun is at it hottest
2) If possible wet your dog prior walking (I soak my dog in the garden with the hose, he doesn't like it but I dont care) He dries off so fast
3) Take water with you. I carry a massive bottle of water and plastic bowl. (I am surprised at the amount of water my dog will drink) I keep wetting his head, neck and back while we're out too
3) Walk them in the shade where possible
4) Lots of our dogs enjoy a great game of catch. I would advice this is not a good idea. My Dog would run until he drops down dead. Just let them walk at your pace
5) Take them where they can get to water maybe even ha s a splosh about, to a River, Canal (Where its safe for everyone)
6) If your dog keeps hiding in the shade, lying down, take them home, they have had enough
Keep your dog safe and happy
If you have any tips, please let me know!
Please Retweet this post! Its amazing some people just forget how hot and uncomfortable their dogs can get. Or they have a new pet!